Here's another one to hopefully help ruin all your fall parties!
If you liked our apple pie moonshine recipe, hopefully this one will get you going as well. As everyone knows by now, this isn't real moonshine, but a concoction of high proof alcohol, spices, and ingredients that you can make at home, jar, and store for later. Just like apple pie, pumpkin pie is a staple of autumn parties, get-togethers, and Sunday afternoons. Here's a twist on that whole thing!
Try our most popular coffee blend - Riverside Reserve French Roast
Be careful though, this pumpkin pie moonshine recipe packs a freaking punch.
For the Pumpkin Pie Moonshine Base:
- 1 can (29 ounces) of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of Everclear or grain alcohol (190-proof)
- 2 cups of water
For the Pumpkin Pie Spice Infusion:
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger (about 1 inch)
- 1/2 vanilla bean (optional)
Prepare the Pumpkin Pie Spice Infusion:
- In a small saucepan, combine the cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, whole allspice berries, whole black peppercorns, and a small piece of fresh ginger.
- If using a vanilla bean, split it open and scrape the seeds into the spice mixture, then add the whole bean.
- Add 1 cup of water to the saucepan and simmer the mixture over low heat for about 10-15 minutes. This will create a concentrated spice infusion.
- Remove the spice infusion from the heat, strain it, and set it aside to cool.
Prepare the Pumpkin Pie Moonshine Base:
- In a large pot, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, white sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground allspice.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Everclear (or grain alcohol) and 1 cup of water to the pot.
- Stir the mixture until well combined.
Combine the Ingredients:
- Once the spice infusion is cooled, add it to the pumpkin mixture and stir well.
Bottle and Store:
- Pour the pumpkin pie moonshine into clean, airtight glass jars or bottles.
- Seal the jars or bottles tightly and store them in a cool, dark place for at least two weeks to allow the flavors to meld and mellow.
- After the aging period, your pumpkin pie moonshine is ready to be enjoyed. You can serve it chilled in shot glasses or use it as a mixer in cocktails.
This homemade pumpkin pie moonshine captures the warm and spicy flavors of a classic pumpkin pie. Remember that this moonshine is strong, so drink it responsibly and be aware of its alcohol content. You'll start a fist fight in no time.